When considered one of Dulma Altan’s followers known as her movies “TikTok B-College for Girls,” she didn’t simply snort and transfer on; she turned it into her tagline. Now, it’s how folks discuss with her on-line.
Intentional strikes like that set Dulma, who’s well-versed in enterprise technique from her work as an entrepreneur, other than different creators. From the beginning of her journey as a creator in 2020, she utilized her expertise to her content material creation and was one of many first to faucet into her area of interest – “enterprise technique from the lens of women-led manufacturers.”
From the story of her tagline to selecting a profitable area of interest to assume like a one-person content material company, Dulma’s journey is a treasure trove of insights for aspiring creators.
- Dulma turned her ardour into revenue by figuring out a distinct segment that resonates along with her values and pursuits – making enterprise technique accessible on TikTok utilizing female-led manufacturers.
- Navigate fixed platform adjustments with the 80/20 strategy the place 80% is prioritizing high quality content material and 20% is staying up to date with platform adjustments.
- Consider your self as a one-person content material company to raised align your content material with the general goals of potential sponsors and companions.
- Leverage “platform arbitrage” by creating surprising content material on a selected platform to remain recent and modern.
- Diversify your content material by embracing completely different content material codecs and platforms to develop your attain, have interaction your viewers in new methods, and hold your content material recent and thrilling.
Standing out with a mix of authenticity and technique
Dulma’s creator journey started with figuring out a selected area of interest, not as a result of it was profitable, however as a result of it was genuine to her.
Her ardour related along with her huge expertise within the area of interest, making it simple for her to begin sharing content material, “making enterprise extra binge-worthy and accessible” on TikTok. And her give attention to female-founded firms and ladies in enterprise allowed her to create content material that was each significant to her and related to her viewers.
Determine your ardour and align it along with your content material. Authenticity breeds connection, and connection builds an engaged viewers.
What powers the optimistic reception to Dulma’s content material? One half is her means to distill enterprise methods and ideas by the favored manufacturers amongst her viewers. One other, fairly main, half is the recognizability of her model, because of the commenter that impressed her tagline.
She instantly acknowledged its potential saying, “I added it to my bio and that made it so that individuals actually knew what to anticipate from me. It was a very evocative, highly effective declaration of what and who my account was for and what I prefer to cowl.”
There’s extra that goes into constructing an engaged on-line viewers than a catchy emblem or a well-designed web site. The preferred creators are instantly recognizable to their viewers by their type – the distinctive identification that separates them from the noise within the crowded digital panorama.
“What do you stand for? And how will you convey that in a very concise, highly effective, evocative method? If you will discover a bit of tagline for that or a bit of soundbite? It is actually useful,” says Dulma.
Dulma’s “TikTok B-College for Girls” tagline turned a robust declaration of her model’s goal. It’s been cited organically within the press and by her followers and helps folks rapidly perceive her account and content material.
Katelyn Bourgoin has an identical story behind her “Buyer Whisperer” tagline. Your instantly recognizable branding (a colour, tone of voice, or tagline) ought to encapsulate the essence of you in a concise and memorable method. It ought to inform folks what to anticipate from you and what you stand for.
Do not be afraid to borrow inspiration out of your neighborhood or viewers, as they usually see your model from a novel perspective.
Navigate platform adjustments with out turning into obsessed
Change is the one fixed within the social media trade/creator financial system. Algorithms change every single day, what labored for a creator at the moment could not work six months from now, or a brand new, revolutionary expertise (taking a look at you, AI) involves disrupt issues.
“How can I hold including worth in a method that blows folks’s minds or simply will get them coming again and makes them assume wow, I am unable to imagine I am getting all this data without cost.”
Dulma acknowledges that navigating the ever-changing panorama requires balancing staying knowledgeable and focusing in your objectives. For her, that’s persistently including worth to her viewers along with her content material.
She says, “How can I hold including worth in a method that blows folks’s minds or simply will get them coming again and makes them assume wow, I am unable to imagine I am getting all this data without cost.”
As a seasoned enterprise strategist, Dulma’s strategy to platform adjustments and evolutions is pragmatic. A lot of her model is constructed round contextualizing advanced enterprise information, so she has to remain on the heartbeat. So, how does she sustain and hold a cool head?
“My philosophy round that is sustaining an 80/20 strategy and specializing in creating the most effective, most respected content material doable,” she explains.
Her 80/20 steadiness, the place 80 p.c of your focus is on creating priceless, partaking content material that resonates along with your viewers, and 20 p.c is on staying knowledgeable about new developments and updates. This strategy ensures that you simply’re not consumed by each little element, permitting you to focus on what really issues: your content material and your viewers.
Dulma’s strategy is rooted within the perception that the core high quality of content material is what really issues. Whereas staying knowledgeable about platform updates and new options is important, it should not be the first focus.
As an alternative, creators ought to focus on delivering high quality and related content material to their viewers. “I assure any algorithm updates are going to be oriented in the direction of making folks as engaged as doable, and if you happen to hold including worth, you may at all times be capable of do this.”
Give attention to understanding your viewers’s wants and pursuits. Create content material that educates, entertains, or evokes them and persistently ship high-quality content material that stands out for its worth fairly than adherence to the most recent developments.
Dulma additionally warns in opposition to the lure of “shiny object syndrome,” the place creators turn out to be overly centered on the most recent platform options or algorithm tweaks. This strategy can result in confusion and a lack of give attention to what really issues – creating content material that connects along with your viewers.
Consider your self as a one-person content material company
Turning ardour into revenue is the dream of many creators – however many creators aren’t businesspeople, so it’s exhausting to rework your inventive work right into a sustainable revenue. Dulma’s enterprise background helped her discover her chosen monetization technique – model sponsorships – and she or he shared some recommendation about monetizing content material.
The very first thing she advises is extra of a mindset shift. “In case you’re a creator, and also you’re trying to take monetization critically, and also you’re trying to work along with your dream manufacturers, you actually need to consider your self as a one-person content material company,” she says.
This mindset permits her to align her content material with the general goals and techniques of potential sponsors. She approaches model collaborations with a strategic mindset. As an alternative of ready for the model to make the primary transfer, she takes the reins in any dialog. Her recommendation boils right down to:
- Ask questions concerning the enterprise
- Perceive their objectives
- Be proactive in providing options that match their wants.
- Tailor your content material to align with their goals.
In case you’re severe about monetizing your content material, then each a part of your technique ought to align with potential monetization alternatives. For instance, Dulma emphasizes the significance of choosing a distinct segment that’s not solely genuine to you but additionally has the potential to be worthwhile. The extra outlined and profitable your area of interest, the higher positioned you might be for monetization and model sponsorships.
Discover a area of interest that resonates along with your pursuits and experience, but additionally contemplate its potential for profitability. Analysis the market, perceive the viewers’s wants, and establish alternatives for collaboration with manufacturers.
Even her content material creation is influenced by her company mindset. Dulma shared the idea of “platform arbitrage,” the place she creates surprising content material on a selected platform to remain recent and modern. This strategy helps her stand out and appeal to model sponsors trying to diversify.
Assume creatively about how one can current your content material on completely different platforms. Experiment with new codecs and kinds that set you aside. Contemplate how one can supply one thing distinctive that manufacturers are searching for.
Different parts that assist her appeal to the precise sponsors are:
- A transparent and concise model message that helps audiences and sponsors perceive what to anticipate from working along with her.
- Providing package deal offers to advertisers which will increase the worth of her choices
Discover varied income streams, together with package deal offers, affiliate marketing online, and sponsored content material. Be clear and genuine in your collaborations, and be sure that your choices align along with your area of interest and model.
Whether or not you are simply beginning or trying to elevate your monetization sport, these methods present a sensible strategy to constructing a worthwhile content material creation enterprise. Focus in your area of interest, assume strategically, and at all times try to ship worth.
Diversifying and experimenting with content material codecs
Diversification is not only a technique; it is a necessity. Embracing completely different content material codecs and platforms can develop your attain, have interaction your viewers in new methods, and hold your content material recent and thrilling. It additionally protects you from the fixed adjustments of social media, supplying you with someplace to attach along with your viewers exterior of one thing led by an algorithm.
“I imagine in assembly my viewers the place they’re,” Dulma says. “Podcasting allowed me to attach on a extra private degree, whereas newsletters offered focused insights and updates.”
Even the idea of platform arbitrage expands to those two mediums – Dulma’s sponsors have a number of methods to succeed in her viewers due to the time she’s invested. For instance, she talked about that the podcast wasn’t actually pushed by a technique – extra a must discover a brand new format. She challenged herself to document 100 podcasts in 100 days (and did it!).
She prioritizes experimentation in determining what to attempt subsequent. Her strategy of attempting new codecs, studying from them, and refining her strategy led to her pausing the publication – however she’s saved up the podcast.
“You do not know what’s going to resonate till you attempt it,” she explains. “Experimentation has led me to find new avenues for connection and development.”
Dulma’s journey as a creator is a masterclass in strategic considering, authenticity, and adaptableness. Her success shouldn’t be unintentional; it is the results of intentional selections, a transparent understanding of her viewers, and a willingness to experiment and evolve.
Listed below are the highest takeaways from Dulma’s strategy:
- Authenticity = connection: Dulma’s success started with figuring out a distinct segment that was each significant and genuine to her. Her connection along with her viewers is rooted in her ardour and experience, making her content material resonate on a deeper degree.
- Embrace distinctive branding alternatives: The “TikTok B-College for Girls” tagline is greater than a catchy phrase; it is a highly effective declaration of her model’s goal. Do not be afraid to borrow inspiration out of your neighborhood; they usually see your model from a novel perspective.
- Stability the way you navigate platform adjustments: Take Dulma’s 80/20 strategy to platforms, which emphasizes the significance of specializing in priceless content material and staying knowledgeable with out turning into obsessed. Her philosophy ensures that the core high quality of content material stays the first focus.
- Assume like a one-person content material company: Dulma’s strategic strategy to monetization and model collaborations is a lesson in considering past the creator’s mindset. Her proactive and tailor-made strategy to working with manufacturers units her aside within the crowded digital panorama.
- Diversify and experiment with content material codecs: Be prepared to discover new codecs. It helps you meet your viewers the place they’re, and attempting new avenues can result in surprising development and connection.
- Monetize with technique and authenticity: Her monetization methods, together with her “platform arbitrage” idea, spotlight the significance of aligning content material with potential monetization alternatives. Her clear model message and modern choices make her a beautiful companion for sponsors.
Dulma’s insights present a sensible and galvanizing information regardless of the place you might be in your creator journey.