Now that we’re within the Canine Days of Summer time (July third – August eleventh), temperatures are rising and tempers usually rise as nicely. It looks like everybody will get a bit of irritable throughout the hottest days of the summer time.
That’s why I consider August because the month to take care — deal with myself, my household, and my neighborhood.
August is American Adventures Month so if you happen to’re into journey, this can be a nice time to deal with your self by getting on the market and making an attempt one thing new.
If you happen to want one thing extra mellow, and indoors, it’s additionally American Artist Appreciation Month, so take into consideration taking a while to go to an area artwork gallery and deal with your self whereas supporting, and caring for, your neighborhood.
Personally, I like to begin the month by organizing one thing easy on every day of Nationwide Simplify Your Life Week (August 1st-Seventh). It may very well be my family toolbox that’s in disarray or the plethora of sticky notes I’ve throughout my desk. No matter it’s, it’s obtained to be fast and easy so I don’t get overwhelmed or pissed off. On the finish of the week, I’ve been relieved of among the muddle and I’ve an awesome sense of accomplishment.
I extremely suggest making an attempt it.
And, whereas there are loads of designated holidays for August, I’ve picked a number of that I really feel are value mentioning. Have a look via the next August holidays and publication concepts and see what resonates with you. Then take into consideration the way you may have the ability to share that vacation together with your readers — in a caring manner.
August holidays — 2022
- August 1st – DOGust 1st: Common Birthday for Shelter Canines.
- August 2nd – Nationwide Coloring Guide Day. Obtain and share these nice coloring pages from the Smithsonian.
- August 4th – Help Canine Day.
- August fifth – Nationwide Water Balloon Day. It’s scorching. Cool off. 💦
- August sixth – Farmworker Appreciation Day. In case your neighborhood doesn’t have already got an occasion for at the present time, take into consideration getting along with different native companies and beginning one.
- August Seventh – American Household Day and Nationwide Friendship Day.
- August ninth – Annual Perseid Meteor Bathe Peak Night time.
- August Thirteenth – Storage Sale Day. Considered one of my favourite methods to deal with myself, my neighbors, and my neighborhood — upcycling alternatives abound!
- August 14th – Love Your Bookshop Day and Navajo Code Talkers Day. Whereas Love Your Bookshop Day is an Aussie vacation, that doesn’t imply we will’t rejoice it right here — particularly if you happen to personal a bookstore.
- August nineteenth – World Humanitarian Day
- August nineteenth – World Images Day. I’m taking this time off from work to spend a while with my digicam — taking good care of myself and appreciating my neighborhood.
- August twentieth – International Geocaching Day. If you happen to prefer to hunt for treasure, you’ve got to do that! Higher but, arrange a geocache at your location or get along with different companies within the space and create a narrative or collection of caches for individuals to seek out.
- Aug. twentieth – Nationwide Chocolate Pecan Pie Day and World Honey Bee Day. Candy, sticky, gooey, yummy-ness. Okay, nicely, not the bees, however positively what they make.
- August twenty first – Web Self-Care Day. See, a complete day devoted to discovering self-care sources — like “therapeutic massage therapists close to me.”
- August twenty second – Be an Angel Day. Be mild. Be variety. Take care.
- August twenty fifth – Nationwide Park Service Founders Day. #FindYourPark.
- August twenty ninth – Based on Hoyle Day and Extra Herbs, Much less Salt Day. I’m sure these go collectively… by some means.
- August thirty first – Eat Exterior Day. Anybody up for a picnic? I’ll convey the pie!
August publication concepts
As I discussed beforehand, to me, August is about taking care… of myself, my household and my neighborhood. And, taking care contains the whole lot from being conscious and staying secure to exhibiting appreciation for each other — even sharing nice recipes which you could make and share with each other.
August E-newsletter concepts for consciousness and security
So usually those that convey consciousness to well being points are those that have been affected by them. Nevertheless it doesn’t should be that manner.
Present your neighborhood that you just care about them, and also you need them to be secure, keep wholesome, and be delicate to one another and what others could also be going via.
August is the month for:
- Youngsters’s Eye Well being and Security Month
- MedicAlert Consciousness Month
- Nationwide Eye Examination Month
- Nationwide Hair Loss Consciousness Month
- Nationwide Site visitors Consciousness Month
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy Consciousness Month
- Summer time Security Month
Consciousness and Security E-newsletter and On-line Advertising Concepts
If you happen to’re not an knowledgeable within the subject, one of the simplest ways to share consciousness and questions of safety together with your readers is to curate content material from healthcare professionals and different trusted sources.
When you be taught the way to curate content material accurately, you may:
- Republish weblog and print articles by yourself web site after which share a snippet of their article in your publication — ensuring to incorporate a hyperlink again to the article in your web site.
- Share ideas for summer time security and visitors consciousness on social media.
- Create and embrace gifs in your publication that introduce and hyperlink to movies on a topic that resonates with your corporation or your neighborhood.
Go a step additional to deal with your neighborhood. Accomplice with a associated nonprofit to host or sponsor a fundraising occasion to assist these in your neighborhood. Then let your readers understand how they will contribute to it.
August E-newsletter Concepts for exhibiting appreciation
Whereas well being and security are vital, a part of taking good care of each other is exhibiting appreciation.
Present your appreciation by:
- Saying thanks. Begin this month’s publication by saying thanks, or higher but, ship a particular thanks e-mail to your readers that features a particular provide or results in a weblog article that explains why you’re grateful for them.
- For Nationwide Farmers Market Week (Aug. Seventh-Thirteenth), add a piece that thanks the native farmers. And, present a schedule of space farmer’s markets so your readers can thank the farmers personally by buying their contemporary items.
- For Nationwide Well being Middle Week (Aug. Seventh-Thirteenth), give healthcare staff a particular low cost in the event that they present their well being heart ID once they checkout at your retailer. And, ensure to announce what you’re doing in your publication.
Whereas I’ve listed a few particular “week” holidays within the record above, that’s simply to get you interested by what you’d love to do to indicate your prospects and neighborhood that you just respect them.
Concepts for sharing recipes in on-line advertising and marketing
In fact, each month has a plethora of meals celebrations. However somewhat than making an attempt to offer you an inventory of meals and dates to rejoice, I believe we must always discuss methods to share recipes together with your viewers even if you happen to’re not within the restaurant business.
- Reap the benefits of storytelling advertising and marketing. In case you have a favourite meals that’s being celebrated this month, present a bit of of your private facet in your publication by sharing a narrative about what makes it your favourite meals. When was the primary time you had it? Is there a particular reminiscence related to it? Does it tie again to your corporation ultimately? Then,
- Construct upon your meals story by shifting it to social media. Share a snippet of your story and lead again to the unique article in your weblog or in your publication. Create a social media contest by asking followers to share their favourite model by posting their recipe on their social media pages and tagging your corporation within the put up. A winner may very well be decided by most likes, feedback, and even random choice. Incentivize individuals to take part by giving the “winner” a callout in your subsequent publication, in your social media web page, and/or a particular low cost, service, or alternative that’s hardly ever provided or in any other case unavailable.
- Use meals to construct buyer relationships. If meals is a ardour of yours and may be linked to your corporation ultimately, take into consideration creating a personal Fb web page the place members can swap recipes and share food-related tales. Preserve an lively presence within the group and ask your staff or volunteers to affix and take part as nicely.
TIP: No matter vacation you spotlight in your publication this month, whether or not you situation a problem, provide recommendation, or ask your readers to share, embrace a branded hashtag and a customized hashtag — together with a corresponding put up on social media — so you may simply discover and like what they put up!
August publication topic strains
- “You’re going to desire a piece of this pie” – Selfmade Pie Day (Aug. 1st). That is nice for providing a limited-time alternative.
- “[name], is your Spidey-sense tingling?” Preheader: It must be. – Spider-Man Day (Aug. 1st). Good for letting your readers know what’s new.
- “That is merely genius” – Nationwide Simplify Your Life Week (August 1st – Seventh). Excellent for saying a brand new services or products — particularly if it can simplify issues on your prospects.
- “Come to our facet. We’ve obtained cookies.” Preheader: Okay, probably not however… – Nationwide Chocolate Chip Cookie Day (Aug. 4th).
- “Aw, Shucks!” Nationwide Oyster Day (Aug. fifth).
- “Have you ever been working like a canine?” Work Like a Canine Day (Aug. fifth). Nice for sharing details about self-care. Or for sharing an article about working canines.
- “Cease! Within the identify of… “ – Cease on Pink Week (August Seventh – Thirteenth). End the sentence together with your publication headline. It may be no matter suits your publication focus — from “love” to “nice purchasing” or “visitors consciousness” and “back-to-school security.”
- “It’s not laziness. It’s self-care.” – Nationwide Lazy Day (Aug. tenth). Excellent for spas, salons, therapeutic massage therapists, and some other enterprise that gives self-care providers.
- “We’re having a storage sale!” – Storage Sale Day (Aug. Thirteenth). Nice for having a blowout sale of previous inventory.
- “Hey, Kool Support! I imply [name]” – Kool Support Day (Aug. nineteenth). Make sure you personalize this one.
For extra August holidays and concepts on what you are able to do to share them together with your prospects, obtain the graphic beneath. Or, plan out the remainder of your yr with our On-line Advertising Calendar, full with a free template and an inventory of holidays you need to use to make the second half of the yr a whole success.